Hey guys! I have yet again another FOTD... These are definitely the posts I most enjoy doing simply because I can play around with my makeup (mainly my eyes). So onto what I used...
Wednesday, 12 August 2015
Recently I did a little Essence Haul where I bought a few little bits to review etc.. One of the items I bought was the Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara and now it's time to share with you guys my first impressions on it!
Thursday, 6 August 2015
Hey everyone! It's been what seems like forever since I've spent some money on myself mainly because I was saving for a holiday but don't think that will be happening again this year but definitely next year. Anyway enough blabbing on about that back into the haul at hand...
Essence is a brand that I had been desperately wanting to try now mainly because I knew I wanted to pick up a lipstick (which I did) and from seeing other blog posts about the brand. So yeah I finally got myself into my local Wilkinson's/Wilko and picked up myself a few items.
The first two things I picked up were some lip liners. I feel like my makeup collection lacked in lip pencils so I picked up these two for £1 each. I picked up the shades 12 Wish Me A Rose (left one in the picture) and 06 Satin Mauve (right one in the picture). On first impressions I like these and think I might go back and buy some more so that I can do a little post on these for you. Elsewhere lip related I picked up a Longlasting Nude lipstick in 03 Come Naturally which cost £2.30. I'll be doing review/swatch post on this but so far I am in love and also now want to pick up the other nude ones now. So so gorgeous!
Lastly I picked up two of their mascaras which were £3.30 each . The first being the Lash Princess Volume mascara and the second is Lash Princess False Lash Effect mascara. I bought these because I thought the packaging was fun. As well as for blogging purpose. I feel like i've only ever done reviews on high-end mascaras so it was about time I do a cheaper alternative. So look out for those posts soon..,
So that is everything I got this time. I am 1000% sure this will not be the only Essence haul to feature on the blog. Let me know if you have tried this brand and what you like...
see you soon, han xo
Sunday, 2 August 2015
I think it's about time I get round to putting up my July favourites post as I haven't done a favourites post in what feels like forever... ok so the last one I did was my April favourites so gained a few new favourites since then I think!
1. Eyeshadow - I have been loving doing my eyeshadow makeup and creating different looks! If I had done a different look post for every eyeshadow look I created throughout July I think there would of been a new post near enough everyday of July. I have also just realised recently how good these Eyeshadow Quads from Gold by Giles that used to be available from New Look but not to sure now. They have great pigmentation. This brings me nicely to my second favourite
2. Estee Lauder Palette - I have fallen in love with this palette! This actually came from a christmas set and I had totally ignored it up until July (my bad.. really my bad!). I love the eyeshadows in this palette.. so gorgeous, great pigmentation and just great quality. I particularly love the shadows sugar biscuit, tempting mocha and hot cinnamon. It includes a mixture of shimmers, mattes and what Estee Lauder call satin eyeshadows. As well as this the palette has two gorgeous blush shades. Going to be using this palette for a wedding i'm attending on friday so let me know if you would like to see what I create.
3/4. MAC Velvet Teddy/Maybelline Color Drama Lip Pencil in Nude Perfection - I decided to do these together as they are both nude based lip products which I have been loving both together and separately. Some days I would wear one the next day I would wear the other. On my lips these come of very similar Velvet Teddy being slightly deeper than the Nude Perfection. I will be doing a MAC lipstick post on Velvet Teddy shortly but if you fancy reading more on the nude perfection there is already an old post up. I would definitely recommend checking out this Maybelline lip pencil.
5. Clarin's Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector in 01 Rose - Oh my gosh this smells amazing! I don't really know how to describe the scent other than sweet but it's so good. Also so lovely to apply and my lips look plumper when I use this. As well as adding a slight glimpse of pink to my lips. Honestly such a great lip balm. I was so grateful when I was gifted this for my birthday.
6. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - I'm not going to ramble on about this as I plan to do a review on it but oh my god this foundation is definitely my favourite to date! It's everything I want from a foundation. You'll find out more of what I think soon...
7. Urban Decay Perversion Mascara- I'm not going to ramble on about this too much either as i've previously done a review on our blog but this mascara is amazing! I had been using the lash sensational mascara by Maybelline for a bit then went back to this and was like so in love with it especially for bottom lashes.
8. Next Boutique Glam Eau de Toilette - I love this and I think it's under £10 or it is £10 for 30ml. I took this on holiday and when I did wear this it would last all day. It's quite a mature scent I would say but not like a granny one (no offence to granny scents). It's really hard to describe but if you are ever in Next i'd recommend giving the a little spray to see what you think. I think next do some lovely scents although some are equally not as good but definitely worth a check out.
That's it for this favourites post... didn't have anything really other than beauty/makeup related items this month. Anyhow, let me know what your favourites things were in July..
see you soon, han xo
Hey guys so me and han were given the opportunity to try out the teeth whitening kit from the brand Smile Brilliant. I had never tried teeth whitening before so I was very excited to give it a go.
As you can see from the photo above it really does work. I was very sceptical at first because I have always thought you needed to go to the dentist to see noticeable results. But with this product I was seeing results in just a couple of days of using it.
- It works! the photo proves this. and I am super impressed with the results.
- its easy to use, I was nervous when first using it because I had no idea what to do but the instructions are very clear and precise and make it very easy to follow.
- you get your own specific mould sent to you so it fits your teeth perfectly.
- there is not horrible tastes or textures which I personally was scared about before trying.
- I already suffered with sensitive teeth, but I did feel a bit more sensitivity then normal after using. however using the de-sanitizer gel does help.
- if you use it for a long time it can become sightly uncomfortable but its manageable.
Step one review
When you first receive your kit you need to send a mould of your teeth off so they can personalise your teeth whitening tray. ( which I think is such a great step because you feel like it is professional and that Smile Brilliant want to make you feel as comfortable as possible). It is very easy to do and doesn't take too long. You receive your mould back pretty quickly. I received mine within 7 days.
The main event
So although I have already given my thoughts overall on the product. I wanted to share with you my thoughts on the actually teeth whitening experience.
Firstly like I have already said it is very easy to follow. It would be very hard to get wrong. I used the gel before using the teeth whitening because of my sensitivity I found that this helps with overcoming sensitive teeth.
I also only left mine in for about an hour maybe sometimes and hour and a half but not for the maximum of three hours. I think han did two hours a day. But as you can see an hour worked great for me.
What I would say is that you don't need a lot of the gel or the teeth whitening product in the moulds. you should have some left over when you have used it.
And finally the moulds are easy to clean. I liked that they sent you a little box to keep your moulds in so they was kept clean and hygienic.
Overall I am very pleased with the product and would recommend anyone who wants to whiten there teeth that they buy this product. because most importantly it really does work and it is quick and easy.
Let me know what you think to teeth whitening
See you soon, Em xo