Monday 8 June 2015

Too Faced - Better Than Sex Mascara

Too Faced Better Than Sex Review and Before and After Photos

Too Faced Better Than Sex Review and Before and After Photos
Hey guys!
A week or so ago I took my sister to one of our local Debenhams so that she could pick out a late birthday present that I owed her which she did (the Urban Decay Naked Palette 3 for anyone who is wondering) and I managed to pick my self up the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. Now I definitely didn't go into Debenhams with the purpose of buying myself anything but the fact that the Scunthorpe store stocked it was a good enough reason to pick it up. Along with the fact that the lady at the Urban Decay Counter (nicest/most helpful beauty/makeup assistant I have met..so far) told me that if you spent over £50 pounds you got £10 off. So I was like hell yeah i'm treating myself plus it's another makeup product off my wish list. 

Now that my boring story of why I bought it is over with onto the a bit about the product it's self. Let's start with the name. I personally think it's a bit of fun so i'm a fan. Anyway moving on to what it's all about. Basically the cardboard packaging of this mascara claims that from a consumer study 100% saw dramatic volume and longer lashes. Whilst 93% saw a base to tip curl and 90% saw a dramatic look with one coat. Lastly 1,944% more volume... All in all Pretty good odds to me! 

Enough about the claims now onto the brush and the packaging. When I first took the mascara out of the cardboard packaging I thought man this is heavy but not like heavy heavy, just compared to the other mascaras i've been using lately. Anyway out came the gorgeous baby pink metallic packaging which has imprinted text on it. Personally love the packaging it's so pretty. As for the brush its an hour glass shape which I don't actually have another mascara brush this shape, so don't know if its a unique thing or not. 

Too Faced Better Than Sex Review and Before and After Photos

Now onto the results! I definitely found volume, length and added curl! I found that it definitely gives an intense volume which I personally think would be great for nights out but a bit too much for my everyday wear. I also found that this mascara is a tad wet and I ended up with a couple of black dots but this may not be the case in a few weeks if this mascara dries out. Lastly I found that one application is enough for me personally, any more than that began to clump up the lashes.

Overall, I like the mascara very much but I don't love it. I personally prefer the results my Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara gives me. Which I also found the effect to last longer than this one did. So the likelihood of me buying this mascara isn't high at the moment, but who knows I may fall in love with this in a couple of weeks. If you are looking for an intense volume look to your lashes then this is definitely one I would recommend. 

What do you guys think?

see you soon, han xo
oh and if I do fall in love with this mascara I will keep you guys updated.Oh and one last thing please excuse my hideous brows i'm getting them done soon!

16 comments:

  1. I find a lot of high end mascaras are wet and leave dots, it's so annoying isn't it! Other than that though this sounds pretty good and your eye lashes look amazing!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really annoying! It's makes the makeup process even longer. Thank you xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! You can tell in the photos alone how awesome it is. Better Than Sex has been on my radar for a while, my next sephora visit it's going to checkout for sure. Clumping is such a downfall :/
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I've heard great things about this mascara, so yours is the first one that offers a mixed review for me. It's results are so stunning, though!

    May x | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has worked wonders on your lashes :)
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the final result :) I want to try also the Roller Lash by Benefit !!

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really has worked wonders on your eyelashes :) I need to try it out!

    allthatshimmers.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, I can't believe how intense the effects are! This is definitely on my wish list. I just need to finish my other ones off! x

    http://increddyble.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so want to try this, it really does look impressive on your lashes although I hate spending lots on mascara as they dry out so quickly xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review and photos doll! xx

    www.emma-marie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow this mascara looks beautiful on you! I really wasn't expecting it to give so much length but they look nice and elongated! Love your post :)

    Neelam // neelamjayna.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. The name of this mascara makes me giggle! The results are pretty amazing :)

    Kat | www.kathorrocks.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The results are fab! Your lashes look lovely :)

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is actually my favourite mascara ever. At first I absolutely hated it (like major) and found it was really flakey but it is just fantastic once it dries out a bit. It's ridiculously buildable (in a good way) and that tube will last you about 9 months - I'm telling you.

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, I'm a new blogger from Northampton, you are so welcome to check out my blog www.juodaplunksna.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete